Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

British Traditions - Pancake Day

In England the day before Lent in called Pancake Day and growing up my mother served as many pancakes as I could eat for dinner that night. I have continued this tradition with my children, after all its only once a year :-)

There is a difference between an English pancake and an American pancake.

This is an English Pancake, and is traditionally served with sugar and lemon juice...


This is an American pancake and is traditionally served with butter and maple syrup...


I use Delia Smith's recipe , but any if you have a crepe recipe that you love then I think it will taste the same. Just remember to smother in lemon juice, and then sprinkle with sugar.

I always roll mine up, and put more lemon and sugar on the top...delicious!

3 comments:

  1. i am making those for dinner! delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a lemon and sugar girl too!

    Just found your fabulous blog via HB&HB. I look forward to visiting again soon.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post brought back memories of the Shrove Tuesday pancake dinners at church. I am so glad that you left me a comment and I found your great blog!

    ReplyDelete

The musings of a Town and Country friend...