Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Arthur Price - Old English cutlery

OK, so yesterday I let you in on where I like to shop for the men in my life when I am visiting London.

But lets get to the good stuff.

This is one of the places that I like to shop for items for my homes! It is called Peter Jones and is located in Sloane Square.

It is a department store so sells clothes etc, but I like their houseware department. My favorite purchase last year was......

Arthur Price Old English cutlery

I love to buy my cutlery in England, because a basic place setting comes with a table knife, a table fork, a dessert spoon, a dessert knife, a dessert fork, a soup spoon and a tea spoon. I also use the dessert knife and fork for children as they fit more comfortably in their little hands. They're also perfect as a salad knife and fork.

Image of 100 piece cutlery set


Image of 8 Pairs of Fish Eaters, beautifully gift boxed


Image of 6 Pastry Forks, beautifully gift boxed

We use this cutlery everyday, and love it.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely. I'm a bit jealous that the British place setting includes so many pieces! Looking forward to more London destination tips, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stemware is beautiful! How fun! Ok lucky girl heading to Park City! How fun! iam sure you will do lots of skiing and shopping! May I give you a few restaurant recommendations? You must eat at the Stein Erickson lodge in Deer Valley. Their carrot cake is out of this world! There is also a Ruth Chris up there, kind of cliche I know, but oh so good! My favorite casual, but amazing food would have to be Bandit's on Main Street Park City. Just a fun western atmosphere, great food. A really fun place. You are going to have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh shopping in Park City is so fun! Main Street has so many fun clothing and gift shops! Just outside of Park City, Kimball Junction area, there is the outlet mall, not a lot for the home, but some great places to start spring shopping! Just a little further past that there is a cool furniture store specializing in stone and wood, you will be in the west, and they love antlers and knotty wood, so beware. But you know just across from the outlets, I think it is called Red Stone? There are some great shops, and more of a home selection. Some very nice higher end boutiques, oh you are going to have so much fun! Oh and a little gelato shop right in the middle, so you can recharge after shopping till you drop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter Jones is a great shop! I always visit when I am in London.

    Thanks for the comments on my blog, yours is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

The musings of a Town and Country friend...