Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Spice up your life...

I think that I bought my spice rack at least 15 years ago!

It holds 21 jars and I noticed that some of the spices were looking a little faded. I use quite a lot of herbs and spices in my cooking and do refill the jars, but when I started looking I realized that I have never used 6 of the jars. Hmm, 15 year old herbs. Yep I expect they would look a little faded!

Old, faded herbs can't add too much flavor to my cooking so I decided to start fresh.

I bought all new McCormick spices with black lids, and cannot believe how vibrant my spice rack looks now. Plus I know that I'll use every jar, as I picked my favorite 21 spices, not some random selection made by the spice rack company.

Is it time you spiced up your life?




P.S. My daughter tells me I need to get out more if I get excited about spices, but I'm the type of person who can get excited about anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The musings of a Town and Country friend...