Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Quilted Jackets and Capes

I was recently lucky enough to spend two weeks in London and Paris. I had an amazing time, saw some friends and family, made a dent in my Christmas shopping list and did plenty of sight seeing.

Of course, I also spent a lot of time people watching. I can't help it. It's the best way to spot trends. 

In Paris I saw a lot of women wearing capes. I almost bought this one, but I so rarely need a winter coat that I resisted.


I also liked this one, which is currently on sale.


As gorgeous as I think a cape looks I think I'm going to stick to cashmere cardigans and wraps from Lilly Pulitzer since the winters here are so mild. 


In London, a quilted jacked is IN. Young or old, male or female, it didn't matter, everyone is wearing a quilted jacket.

I love this one:



And this one:



Or this one, for the boys.



If you're looking for a new coat or jacket, consider getting a wrap, cape or quilted jacket. They'll keep your warm this winter, and should you find yourself in London or Paris on a cold day, you'll know just what to wear!

      



1 comment:

  1. Awesome, classic picks for capes and jackets! I have a couple capes and one quilted jacket. They really get used here in Virginia a lot.

    ReplyDelete

The musings of a Town and Country friend...